Second Batch of Basic Materials
Below is a list of the second batch of Basic Materials for the 2012 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Inclusion of any particular text in the Basic Materials does not entail that the content of the text is binding as international law or reflects current prevailing theory or practice. Please note that teams are NOT required to use these materials. They are being provided to teams as a guide and starting point for research. As always, participants are encouraged to conduct their own research outside of the scope of these Basic Materials.
Be sure to check back occasionally as new sources may be added.
These links are not hosted on ILSA's website. Please send an email to email@example.com if any of the links below stop working.
The First Batch is available here.
The documents included in the second batch of Basic Materials are as follows:
- Protocol to the Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict 1954.
- Second Protocol to the Hague Convention of 1954 for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict (1999).
4. Jurisdictional Immunities of the State (Germany v. Italy: Greece intervening) case in progress.
5. Ferrini v. Germany Italian Court of Cassation, 11 March 2004.
8. Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Serbia and Montenegro).
9. Tinoco Claims Arbitration (Great Britain v. Costa Rica), William H. Taft, Sole Arbitrator, 1 U.N. Rep. Int’l Arb. Awards 369 (1923).
10. Letter Dated 8 March 1950 from the Secretary-General to the President of the Security Council Transmitting a Memorandum on the Legal Aspects of the Problem of Representation in the United Nations.
13. International Law Commission Reports on the Responsibility of International Organizations.
- Seventh Report Giorgio Gaja, Special Rapporteur, 27 March 2009.
- Fifth Report Giorgio Gaja, Special Rapporteur, 2 May 2007.
14. From Bamiyan to Baghdad: Warfare and the Preservation of Cultural Heritage at the Beginning of the 21st Century; Patty Gerstenblith, 37 Geo. J. Int’l L. 245. Note: you must be logged in toWestlaw for this link to work.
17. ILSA-IBA Webcast Discussion Panel on the 2012 Jessup Compromis - This is a temporary link; a permanent link will be posted soon. You must sign in to view this webcast.
25 E. Jackson Blvd., Suite OMB1051
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: (312) 362-5025
Fax: (312) 362-5073
email: mszuminski @ ilsa.org
All content © 2007-2014 International Law Students Association